I ran across an article last week in Campus Technology's Web 2.0
eNewsletter, Learning in the Webiverse: How Do you Grade a Conversation. I couldn't click on it fast enough! Why wouldn't you want to know this? I can't tell you the number of educators that struggle with the discussion boards and web tools, etc.
Right off the bat the author, Dr. Trent Batson, asks two pretty big questions:
- Are conversational skills (in writing) important and, if so, how do we teach them?
- How do you evaluate written turns in an ongoing conversation?
Here are several topic headings to pique your interest.
- An Academic Online Conversation
- Principles for Evaluating Online Conversations
- Web 2.0 Just Does Conversation
- That Old Tipping Point
Any thoughts . . .