You can enroll for spring classes. All the information you need is on our website. http://eighthfloor.org/ .
You will find a list of our classes with times and dates here http://eighthfloor.org/schedule.html. and a PDF of our soon to be printed schedule here http://eighthfloor.org/SchedulePDF/SPRING13_8thFloor_16pgs.pdf.
Here are some new things for spring:
- SOL Training! Synchronous Online Learning . . . Training. (Don Cornelius would be proud!) These are short classes on hot topics held online - lasting about 30 minutes or so. If nothing else, the entertainment value of watching us fumble through the first few of these sessions will be worth the time. Just sayin'.
- More classes after school/evenings and weekends
- We have moved 3 of our regular F2F classes online: Social Networking Tools for Educators, Time Management Tools, and Differentiated Learning.
- New class - next level of Tech integration with the Common Core Standards - classroom application
- This is not new, but so many people don't know that you can take as many classes as you like at no charge to you personally.
FYI - We will be closed for the holiday Dec 21 - Jan 7th. If you enroll in a class, you will get a confirmation after Jan 7th.
If you know what you want to take, we recommend you enroll early to ensure a spot. Did you know that The Eighth Floor has approximately 70 consortium members? Teachers alone, we have over 13,000 members - not even including support staff, part-time instructors, and administrators. Crazy stupid numbers.
Is anyone else just a little concerned that Scott, Linda, and I are influencing that many people, that are influencing that many more people? Just gonna leave you with that thought.
Best wishes from The Eighth Floor and a peaceful holiday season.