Thursday, July 17, 2008

Podcasting Advice You Can Use


I have had the boundless pleasure of teaching a couple of podcasting classes this summer. The more I work with podcasting, the more I am convinced that this a fantastic activity and opportunity for student learning and creative expression. The technical aspects of this activity may seem a bit overwhelming at first unless you are a geek. I am NOT a geek (though I want to be!), so I am always grateful when I find tools that relieve me of the need to be geeky.


Through Eduhound's eNewsletter, I found a link to some cool podcasting resources. The creators of Radio Willow Web share their tools and techniques at Learninginhand.com. It is certainly worth a glance.


What I'm most excited about here, is the free music and sound effects links they share. I have not had a chance to roll around in all of them yet. If you find one to be particularly appropriate and easy, please share with everyone.


You may be interested in subscribing to EduHound's eNewsletter, Classroom Tools & Tips.


Just sharin'!

Lee Anne


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good site for music is Magnatune, a "not evil" music company. They have mp3s available for download under a CC-NC-SA license. Higher quality files cost (although teachers should be able to get them for free if they contact the company).

My music tastes are pretty eclectic, so I don't assume that everyone will like what I like. Check out Suzanne Teng; Enchanted Wind is great for calming background music.